Front Desk Clerk
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt professional manner.
• Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location. Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize revenue.
• Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing casher and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
• Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
• Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
• Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
• Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
• Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk/guest service experience. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Frequently standing up behind desk and front office areas.
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Handling objects, products and computer equipment.
• Use keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
• Basic math skills are used frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts, Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Related to this job