Customer Service Supervisor
Sarasota, FL 34277
Updated 30+ days ago
- Responsible for supervising all functions of the airline customer service operations, which include, but are not limited to auditing flight paperwork to ensure compliance, complete personnel evaluations on leads and trainers.
- Coordinates proper handling of OJI's including the acquisition of medical attention and corporate reporting.
- Assigns vacant shifts to new hires, participates in employee disciplinary measures and ensure counseling is documented.
- Ensuring compliance with all safety policies and procedures and working conditions for the entire operation.
- Attend safety meetings, team meetings, etc., and other airport forums.
- Handle all location personnel functions, ensuring proper personnel coverage on a daily basis.
- Serve as the liaison with airline customers as well as local airport authorities.
- Establishing shift assignments for both full-time and part-time employees
- Monitoring and responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of all airline ground support equipment
- Reporting discrepancies that may exist both functional and mechanical on the ground support equipment
- Coordinating between each assigned carrier to ensure that service for cargo and baggage meet the needs of the carrier to ensure on-time schedules are met
- Responsible for equipment and ensuring its safe and efficient operating status
- Conferring with other supervisors and managers to coordinate activities with other departments
- Determining manpower requirements
- Ensuring disciplinary procedures are conducted in a fair, timely, and consistent manner
- Ability to comply with attendance/tardiness standards.
- Able to perform under pressure and within fixed time constraints
- Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous materials identification labels, aircraft loading manifest, and baggage routing tags
- Follows and complies with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority, and carrier rules and regulations
- Ensure crews are being briefed before flights on positions to take and how the flight will work
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of Airline Customer Service Experience in the Airport Ground Handling business.
- Must possess computer experience (6+ months) and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to navigate electronic devices (phones, computers, fax machines, printers, time clock, etc).
- A proven track record in supervising a business unit.
- Experience in operational planning and resource allocation.
- Working knowledge of GSE maintenance issues.
- Experience and understanding of commercial issues in aviation.
- Must have a High School diploma, GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Capable of processing information in a timely manner
- Must have and maintain a Valid Driver's License
- Able to proficiently speak, read, and write in English
- Basic computer literacy
- Previous ramp or airline experience
- Must successfully complete all training requirements and maintain certifications throughout employment
- Must clear an FBI fingerprint background check
- Must successfully complete all required training
- Must be physically fit to perform duties of the job including but not limited to standing, lifting, bending, pushing, and pulling for extended periods of time
- Capable of repetitively lifting up to 70 pounds in confined spaces and repetitively
- Must be physically fit to perform the duties of the job
- Willing to work outside in all types of weather conditions with exposure to loud noises
- Must be able and flexible to work variable shifts, weekends, and holidays Specific shifts to be determined
- Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations
GAT Airline Ground Support has provided quality aviation services for more than forty years--developing a reputation of outstanding service in the industry and earning every major carrier's business through performance excellence. GAT has created a culture that revolves around safety. Safety and world-class delivery will permanently be cornerstone principles with every new service, and every new market we enter.
Several years of explosive growth have positioned GAT Airline Ground Support to become one of the fastest-growing ground service providers in the country--making entry into international markets with the 2019 acquisition of Canadian handler, Strategic Aviation. Excellent leadership and consistent company values have allowed us to secure the talent, tools, and financial resources needed to fuel the future and meet our airline business partners' needs.
As an equal opportunity employer, GAT Airline Ground Support makes hiring decisions based on business needs and the best-qualified candidates available. It does not discriminate in its employment decisions based on any protected category.
Posting ID: 662537474 Posted: 2021-10-25 Job Title: Customer Service Supervisor