Onsite Aftermarket Specialist
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The On-Site Aftermarket Specialist will be a key member of the On-Site service group and will provide real-time repair and parts order support to our customer and act as a liaison between Flowserve’s Commercial and Operation organizations servicing the customer across Flowserve’s aftermarket business inclusive of parts, repairs, and services. The role will also work closely with end-user sales teams to develop growth opportunities, leverage all of Flowserve’s products and services, and insure we are meeting the customer requirements
Responsibilities & Requirements: The On-Site Aftermarket Specialist is responsible to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and provide:
- Provide strong technical and commercial support for all Flowserve pump aftermarket pump repairs, upgrades, and parts business from opportunity identification and quotation through final customer delivery. This includes coordination with key site level teams from Engineering, Maintenance and planning with an individual ability to review and respond to both technical and commercial inquiries.
- Communicate the requirements of customers to Flowserve and be the customers’ primary conduit of information regarding pump repair and parts into Flowserve while providing accurate and timely response of all pricing, availability and deliver capability to the customer.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with customer to identify and address early customer needs and assist in better leveraging Flowserve’s entire portfolio of products and capabilities to grow Flowserve’s business with customer through an improved customer experience.
- Manage orders from customer through the Flowserve aftermarket operations, notify teams of pending shipments from customer to Flowserve facilities and from Flowserve facilities to customer.
- Ensure final inspections are conducted including proper shipping documentation in accordance with customer requirements.
- Be an active participant in repair scope development to meet customer expectations and requirements.
- Proactively facilitate aftermarket change notices to capture BOM changes to facilitate proper loading of B/M’s to ensure Flowserve can meet customer response time for quotations.
- Provide daily communication to the Sales Manager, Execution Manager, and Sales Engineer on any issues that arise on site.
- Participate in corrective action requests and take initiative outside area of responsibility to drive quality improvements in the organization.
- Present clear verbal and written technical explanations to customers, tailoring content and style to the audience.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Technical/ Engineering or manufacturing background preferred with an extensive knowledge and experience in the design, repair, manufacture, and operational requirements of rotating equipment specifically pumps.
- Have a customer first attitude that permeates the organization. Be the advocate for the customer within Flowserve, acting as a liaison with sales engineers, manufacturing, operations and engineering teams.
- Must be a team player, able to problem-solve and work constructively with customers and multi-discipline site level teams.
- Must exhibit good organizational skills, with the ability to calmly prioritize demands to meet specific high-visibility deadlines and requirements.
- Able to work in a plant and shop environment meeting both customer’s and Flowserve’s safety requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, projecting a strong customer focus and a positive Flowserve image.
- Computer savvy and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required.
- Able to travel locally to and from customer sites and Flowserve facilities required
- Knowledge associated with the Flowserve product portfolio, tools, and business systems a plus.
Job Advertising Title: Onsite Aftermarket Specialist
Primary Posting Location: Ferndale, Washington US
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 52786BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.
id="detrack" defer src="https://d2e48ltfsb5exy.cloudfront.net/p/t.js?i=0,1" data-g="366FB7DE6EA748469996AE51C6464E0F425">