Software Engineer II
Software Engineer II
Information Technology AZ - Phoenix, FL - Jacksonville, FL - St Petersburg, LA - Baton Rouge, NM - Albuquerque, NY - Rochester, OH - Dublin, OH - Lima, PA - Allentown, TN - Nashville INF-21-00310
Designs, develops and troubleshoots software programs for computer based systems.
- Performs basic analysis and design for program changes to gain an understanding of application changes.
- Provides time estimates for development tasks to aid in scheduling. Monitors progress against task estimates to provide status.
- Completes more complex program changes to translate specifications and / or requirements into code.
- Applies application specific technical skills to independently produce deliverables (i.e. specifications, program changes, unit test scripts, documentation, etc.).
- Acquires and utilizes basic business knowledge to support the applications.
- Recognizes code inefficiencies and makes suggestions for improvements, if applicable.
- Provides documentation to support program changes.
- Plans, documents, and executes unit test plans to ensure all code changes meet requirements / specifications.
- Supports programming changes during quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and post implementation to ensure integrity of application.
- Complies with and contributes to standards and procedures to ensure development consistency (e.g. programming standards, change management, version control).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer-related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Using one or more programming language(s).
Paychex is dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional Inclusion and Diversity (I&D). Our valued employees and commitment to I&D is the essence of our internal and external success. Inclusivity is a key value of our corporate culture and is exemplified through our reputation as a top employer for employee development, diversity, and ethics, as well as a focus on fairness in recruitment, selection, and decision making.
Click here for more information on our corporate social responsibility.
Open Date 09/16/2021
Category Information Technology
Is this a bilingual position? No
More than just a paycheck.
We hold a strong commitment to our culture. Here you will find a company that rallies behind its values and builds its strategies around them.Click to Learn More
Our Corporate Responsibility
Inclusion is important to us. Click below to view our statement.Click to Learn More