Chief Plant Operator
Regular / Permanent
WHO WE ARE
SUEZ in North America operates across all 50 states and Canada with 6,700 employees dedicated to environmental sustainability and smart and sustainable resource management. The company provides drinking water, wastewater and waste collection service to 6.4 million people on a daily basis; treats over 600 million gallons of water and over 450 million gallons of wastewater each day; delivers water treatment and advanced network solutions to 16,000 industrial and municipal sites; processes 55,000 tons of waste for recycling; and rehabilitates and maintains water assets for more than 4,000 municipal and industrial customers. The company is a subsidiary of Paris-based SUEZ.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Chief Plant Operator has the following responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory standards and carries out responsibilities in accordance with company requirements.
- Coordinate tasks and communicate scheduling of all grades of operator activities in the requirements of the operation of wastewater facilities including providing for adequate shift coverage, either personally or through subordinate personnel.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies such as but not limited to Health and safety, both when carrying out personal duties and when overseeing subordinate personnel.
- Oversee contractors to ensure compliance with company and statutory standards.
- Identify and coordinate resources in the field to insure satisfactory facility and personnel performance, including identifying and justifying any need for resources not available.
- Identify circumstances that may limit, inhibit or otherwise diminish performance such as emergencies, weather, equipment malfunction, etc. and develop any and all protocols to address standard performance and corrective or remedial action.
- Monitor, observe, and interpret operating conditions and performance and initiate maintenance / corrective action as required.
- Ensure that records of operating data, including meter and gauge readings is correctly maintained. This includes the review and evaluation of test results reports, records, logs and graphs to determine the system performance, and development of data requirements to improve this monitoring and evaluating activity.
- Ensure operation of plant mechanical and electrical equipment to maintain the process especially through communication and coordination between all shifts and all disciplines, including maintenance staff.
- Assist in reviewing compliance with a monitoring sample plan.
- Responsible for the collection and analysis of samples for NPDES and DEP permit and quality monitoring and plant process control.
- Performs scheduled analysis including analysis of liquid, solid and air samples, for plant process control. Prepares reagents and glassware including general housekeeping duties.
- Undertakes quality control analysis by producing duplicate analysis, analysis standards, blanks and spike recovery.
- Ensures appropriate reagents and equipment are available and assists in ordering same in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all procedures for Laboratory accreditation including participation in regulatory inspections.
- Prepares reports and provides data in a form suitable for routine process review
- Highlights analytical results when they are abnormal.
- Other lesser duties and additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
Salary: $34 per hour
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Connecticut Class III Wastewater DEP Operators License
- Valid driver's license and CDL License with air brake rider and tanker endorsement required
- Job class requires 40 hours per week which may include scheduled weekend duty.
- Incumbents in this position are expected to be on call and will be required to work overtime as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Chemical Plant and System Operators