FT Assistant Store Manager:
The Storage Asset Management (SAM) team is passionate about self-storage and has over 40 years of experience in the industry. SAM currently manages over 300 self-storage properties throughout the United States, as well as several rental truck dealerships and The UPS Store franchises inside self-storage offices.
Our sites are "non-resident" and do *NOT *include an apartment for Store Managers. SAM also provides training, consulting and marketing services for self-storage across the country. With over 300 managed storage facilities, SAM is the largest privately-held management company. We are looking for motivated, driven people to join our team as we continue to grow!
Voted Central Penn Business Journal Lehigh Valley Business Best Places to work in PA 2020!
This is an excellent opportunity for those with prior retail, sales, and/or management experience! Candidates may need to travel to other surrounding locations for training or store coverage. *Responsibilities:
As a Store Manager you will manage the day to day operations of the self-storage facility by:
- Leasing storage units, accurately managing cash and balancing expense receipts, pursuing past due accounts, accepting payments and processing daily bank deposits accurately and timely.
- Working alongside the SAM team to maximize sales objectives with each customer.
Store Managers are our customers self-storage solution experts that enhances their storage experience. We offer top quality merchandise such as boxes, locks, tape and other moving supplies for our customers to purchase. Store Managers play a critical role in expanding and generating sales leads. We encourage our Store Managers to recommend and implement marketing strategies based on competitor information, and seasonal trends.
As a Store Manager you will also have the opportunity to connect with the local community by attending local events!
When not taking care of customers in the office, our Store Managers spend some of their time walking and maintaining the property to ensure the facility is kept to high cleanliness standards. Which includes cleaning storage units, sweeping, mopping, changing light bulbs and other general light maintenance duties
Benefits of the position:
Storage Asset Management understands the value of time off and work hard to provide our employees with work-life balance. Which means *no late nights, major holidays off*, and a great work schedule! Storage Asset Management offers an array of other benefits as well which include:
- Opportunity for advancement with a stable, and growing company
- Training and development
- You will get to build a loyal customer base by creating rewarding customer experiences and exceeding customer expectations
- Exceptional customer service skills a must
- Open availability including weekends is needed
- Ability to perform light maintenance and overall property upkeep
- Management experience a leasing, retail, or operation environment
- Previous experience in sales or marketing with a proven ability to generate business and close leads
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be energetic and open to new ideas and direction changes
- A High School diploma /GED equivalent. College education a plus
- Must be able to stand for several hours at a time and lift 25 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation
- Completion of pre-employment background screening (credit and criminal only)
- Previous experience in storage management a plus!
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 18 years or older