GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role\:
GlobalFoundries is seeking highly skilled and motivated Metrology Equipment Engineers in Malta, New York. Along with a team of engineers, process technicians and maintenance technicians, you will be responsible for maintaining the equipment performance of a highly automated, wafer fabrication facility. GlobalFoundries is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing support across all shifts.
Essential Responsibilities include\:
- Report directly to the Metrology Equipment Manager responsible for owning specific toolset(s) as assigned by the Manager.
- Work with equipment suppliers, vendors, maintenance technicians, and cross-functional teams on equipment PM and CM, tool proficiency, and fleet matching.
- Support yield and continuous improvement activities related to MTR equipment.
- Participate in and lead troubleshooting and taskforces as needed. Develop, implement, and validate solutions that prevent recurrence.
- Continuously improve and create robust equipment procedures and methodologies for high volume manufacturing using, but not limited to, statistical tools, DOE and techniques, data driven decision-making, and systematic problem-solving skills.
- Support assigned start-up of new or relocated equipment, as well as sustaining existing tools. Drive the installation and qualification of new tools and process technologies.
- Drive cost-savings initiatives with well-defined path-to-profitability tracking.
- Provide leadership and guidance to effectively identify root cause analysis to equipment issues. Responsible as equipment POC for driving resolutions, documentation and closure of events, post-mortem.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner, support and call Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements, certifications, and programs
- Work in close collaboration with Process and Manufacturing teams
- Develop and train the equipment technicians. Create materials and perform training of technicians working on tools in the area
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- AS degree in Engineering\: Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or closely related engineering discipline
- years of Equipment engineering experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Fluent in English Language-written & verbal
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 2-3 years of equipment engineering or Metrology engineering experience on 300mm equipment in semiconductor manufacturing industry.
- Experience and understanding of high-volume manufacturing. Demonstrated ability to drive availability and stability improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic, motivated, and self-driven.
- Demonstrate ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal. Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies.
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Familiarity with 5S, 8D, L6S, SPC, DOE, FMEA. Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.