Supervises operational activities as directed by General Manager during non-service hours and assists exempt management in supervision during service hours. The position may supervise operational activities during non-peak service hours for limited times of manager absence such as during bank runs, emergencies, etc. The nature of supervision is “work direction.”
1. Supervises open and close activities during non-service hours.
2. Provides "work direction" to crew members.
3. Addresses performance problems of crew members that require immediate attention; refers problem to the unit manager for progressive discipline if appropriate.
1. Monitors product quality and takes corrective action where necessary.
2. Follows store cleaning plan.
3. Monitors positional and service line organization.
4. Monitors service times and determines efficiency.
5. Exhibits positive customer service attitude at all times.
1. Follows flowcharts, prep projections and "build-to" charts.
2. Monitors labor usage against sales readings and recommends corrective action to General Manager where necessary.
3. Follows store plans as set by the unit manager.
4. Controls food cost by minimizing waste.
Training and Performance Management
1. Assists in training and cross-training of positional skills, as directed by the unit manager.
Policies and Procedures
1. Follows all procedures in the Operational Procedures Manual.
2. Ensures time card accuracy and wage/hour compliance during non-service shift for which he/she is responsible.
3. Adheres to cash control and banking policies, knows register procedures.
4. Maintains safe working conditions by following all safety and security policies and procedures; notifies unit manager of any accident or injury.
5. Ensures dress policy is followed at all times.
6. Follows all maintenance procedures and Preventative Maintenance Schedule duties.
1. Uses consistent and appropriate practices in carrying out supervision and "work direction" accountabilities.
2. Alters the unit manager to any performance and/or discipline problems, providing sufficient information for the unit manager to take corrective action as required.
1. Thorough knowledge of Wendy's Operational Procedures and Standards.
1. High School graduate or equivalent educational certificate.
1. At least 1 year of experience in the restaurant industry.
Minimum Hours Requirement
1. This position is expected to maintain an average of 32 hours or more per week over a calendar year.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher