Fleet Maintenance Technician - Servicing Pierce Transit Shuttle ADA service
First Transit, a leader in fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus and fleet maintenance services, is now hiring a Fleet Technician!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $23.50/HR - $25/HR Starting wage based on experience (NOT flat rate)
- $2,500 Sign on bonus!*
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Automotive Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Repairs and maintains a fleet of gas-powered Ford cutaway type ADA vehicles along with all support vehicles.
- Inspects and tests equipment at prescribed intervals of time and usage or upon malfunction or breakdown.
- Inspects, tests, and aligns bus lights and wheels and maintains electrical systems and controls. Balances wheels to minimize wear on tires and rotates wheels at prescribed mileage intervals. Tunes up engine to maintain combustion control standards. Adjusts equipment to standards set by Company and client required inspections and safety standards.
- Disassembles, inspects, and replaces worn or broken parts. Fits and adjusts new or repaired parts.
- Test drives repaired equipment and performs road calls as needed.
- Uses hoist wrenches, gauges, drills or grinders, or other specialized mechanic tools and equipment.
- Performs essential job functions in accordance with company mandated safety standards. Attends and successfully completes all company required training and safety meetings.
- Oils and greases vehicles; changes filters. Refuels vehicles as required.
- Must complete work orders, using an iPad table-based device, properly and accurately, to keep track of labor time and parts used in performing jobs.
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment, safety concerns and corrective action taken.
- All other duties as assigned.
Automotive Mechanic Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Possess or obtain a valid DOT medical card. (We will pay!)
- Previous automotive or diesel repair employment experience or combination of education & experience.
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE certification program, expected to have 2 ASE within the first 6 months of hire (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!)
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
*Conditions apply. Offer expires 12/31/21.
Related to this job