Field Service Representative
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division is currently seeking a Field Service Representative (FSR) to join our team. This position will be based at our Theodore, AL (Birmingham), Pensacola, FL or Biloxi, MS location. Candidates can also be based remotely in Alabama.
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
The Field Service Representative will provide field service support and consultation such as acceptance testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting of low, medium, and high voltage systems advise customers and provide best technical solution to solve the customer issue complete assigned jobs with assistance from lead technicians and engineers conduct required tests and calibration using test equipment check and maintain equipment to ensure compliance with applicable standards. The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility within the organization.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Continuously improve personal, technical and professional business skills enabling incumbent to service products to customer’s satisfaction through keeping current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products and to instruct others.
- Provide timely, detailed and accurate reports on service work performed, product performance, and warranty liabilities to company expense and time allocation.
- Become computer efficient using laptops provided and mastering all required software.
- Maintain all service equipment including all test equipment, tools issued to meet specifications including EBE, ISO requirements, etc. in good working condition and maintain sufficient inventory to respond to standard calls.
- Provide customers basic applications information via phone or on site consultation and be available for 24-hour x 7 days a week on call duty and respond to emergency situations with minimal notification.
- Demonstrate ability to service newly designed and experimental equipment, which has not been seen before, and instill confidence in the customer.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, authorized service shops, other service organizations, and product business units to assure customer satisfaction. Incumbent demonstrates an awareness of customer needs, preferences, and time and financial constraints.
- Proven customer service, sales ability, and ability to handle irate or difficult customers and gain satisfaction.
- Demonstrate safety consciousness in equipment handling, electrical and electronic procedures, and the unique situations encountered at diverse work sites.
- Ability to run small outages and projects
- Skilled proficiency in the following:
- Basic Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Ability to run small projects
- Intermediate Test Equipment Operation
- Advanced Troubleshooting Techniques
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associate degree from an accredited institution AND / OR military experience AND/OR Minimum 3 years of experience with power distribution and field service with high school diploma
- Minimum of 3 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems
- Experience performing power quality measurements, troubleshooting, and analysis
- Experience with protective relays
- NICET/NETA certification
Position Success Criteria:
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong computer skills
- Understanding of the company's and competitor's electrical, electronic and mechanical products and services.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
- Possess an active and unrestricted driver’s license.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time