Design+Development Internship 2022
Forms+Surfaces is a leading designer and manufacturer of architectural products used to enhance life in public space--indoors, outdoors, and everywhere in between.
Our Design+Development team consists of Industrial Designers, Textile Designers, Engineers, and a skilled Prototype Team fueled by a love for problem-solving and driven by collaboration. At F+S we design and manufacture all of our products from the ground up with an emphasis on innovation and sustainability. We pride ourselves on the investigation and execution of products and concepts that no one else brings to market.
Currently, we are seeking highly talented and creative individuals to intern with our Design+Development team. As a member of the D+D team, you will report to one of our Senior Designers and be exposed to a diverse array of large and small-scale prototyping and manufacturing processes with the intention of pushing them to their limits. Our ideal candidate enjoys being challenged, has the ability to come up with creative solutions, is great at multitasking, and has a passion for design in all forms. We want someone who is comfortable working with unexpected materials and processes, and ultimately has a serious passion for design. This position offers many opportunities for personal growth. Not only will you be involved in the design of current products, but also be exposed to the manufacturing, marketing, and research of new products.
Portfolios are a necessity for Internship consideration. Great emphasis is placed on simplicity in presentation with clear and concise project development and excellent support imagery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Suite (emphasis on IL, PS, and ID)
- Education Preferably in one of the following concentrations: Industrial Design, Textile Design, Architecture, or Interior Design.
- A positive attitude with an emphasis on self-motivation and personal growth
- A portfolio that shows diversity, attention to detail, and innovation
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize workload as needed
- Insistence on high-quality work with great focus on detail
- Experience in SolidWorks CAD software is desired, but not critical
Application Deadlines - Flexible depending on Candidates availability
Winter/Spring 2022 (January-April): deadline October 20th
Spring/Summer 2022 (May-August): deadline January 20th