In-Home Therapist for Youth and Families
Fuller Hospital’s Community Support Program is seeking MASTERS LEVEL IN-HOME THERAPY CLINICIANS to work with youth and their families in order to treat the youth’s behavioral health needs and assist with family interventions in order to improve the family’s ability to facilitate the youth’s functioning in the home and community.
· As a master’s level In-Home Therapist (IHT) facilitates intensive in-home family therapy sessions with youth under the age of 21 and their families with the goal of improving the family’s ability to provide effective support for the youth to promote his/her healthy functioning within the family. This will include implementation of various therapeutic interventions, parent coaching, crisis intervention, psycho-ed., etc.
· The IHT will also have a bachelor’s level para-professional, a Therapeutic Training & Support Staff (TT&S) assigned to your cases. The TT&S will assist with co-facilitating sessions, treatment planning, and case management. They will work with the client and/or family to practice the skills that the IHT teaches in family sessions.
· The IHT completes various paperwork such as progress notes, comprehensive and CANS assessments, safety plans, treatment plans, etc.
· The IHT must be available for crisis intervention, crisis calls, and skills coaching as needed from 8 am to 8 pm for your clients.
· Frequent care coordination with collateral contacts regarding treatment plan goals and progress is required.
· The IHT will identify and utilize community resources; provide aftercare referrals to develop and maintain natural supports for the youth and parent or caregiver(s) in order to sustain treatment progress.
Master’s degree is required in one of the following areas: Addictions Counseling, Counseling, Counseling Psychology, Education with a concentration in Counseling or Psychology, Family Therapy, Marriage & Family Therapy, Psychology, or Social Work.
License eligibility preferred- accepted licenses include: LICSW, LMHC, LMFT, and LADC I
LICENSURE SUPERVISION WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE FACILITY.
Experience: Outpatient or home based social work experience preferred.
Technical Skills: Must be proficient with written and verbal communication skills. Must have knowledge of community-based and state agencies with regard to behavioral health services.
Must possess knowledge and skills necessary to interact compassionately and appropriately with patients and their families on a regular basis.
Other: Professional demeanor and appearance, as well as the ability to deal tactfully with sensitive situations and maintain patient confidentiality. Must be able to interact effectively with other hospital departments to achieve desired outcome for the patient.