Manager of Emergency Services
The Manager provides supervision of ED Clinicians, facilitates psychiatric transfer to inpatient or other appropriate dispositions, serves as back up for ED Clinicians with high volume and back fill, addresses internal and external barriers to transfers, assessment and ED throughput, assists with disposition issues and outpatient referrals for behavioral health patients seen by the Providers and ED Clinicians. The Manager of Emergency Services will assess and provide behavioral health assessments in the Emergency Department with accompanying inpatient, outpatient, addiction or step down referrals for patients and families
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serves as liaison between Fuller Hospital and Milford Regional Medical Center regarding ongoing, diligent communication
• Attends daily Behavioral Healthrounds in the ED and floor rounds as necessary.
• Advocates for patients within MRMC or MBHP (Massachusetts Behavioral Health Program)
• Implements programmatic strategies for success
• Instills sense of urgency in ED and with staff, as well as driving best practices for psychiatric evaluations and referrals from within Lessee
• Strategizes with Fuller Hospital ED and in-patient units staff for timeliness of evaluations and workflow of Clinicians
• Works as with Fuller Hospital and Milford Regional Medical Center staff, nursing and social work staff as part of the medical/behavioral health in ED and in-patient units through Clinical Liaison services
• Facilities disposition planning and outpatient referrals for patients seen by Providers by ED Clinicians and in-patient units
• Facilitates communication with Milford Regional Medical Center intake staff for timeliness of psychiatric placement transfer
• Maintains patient records and other written information as required
• Facilitates with the case managers and social workers patient discharge planning and other behavioral health services as needed, such as inpatient, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, community services, outpatient services and psychopharmacology
• Collaborates with the Medical staff, attending physicians, and case management in disposition/discharge planning and management
• Maintains patient confidentiality
• Abides by department policies and procedures and ensures quality of care with respect and sensitivity to the needs of the clients served
• Discharge planning and community referrals
• Responsible for all aspects of billing
• Responsible for all aspects of data tracking to meet requirements of both MRMC contract and Fuller Hospital requirements
• Responsible for staffing of the department, to including all hiring and scheduling
- Education: Master’s Degree and licensure required (i.e. LCSW, LICSW, LMFT, LMHC);
- Experience: Two (2) years experience working in behavioral health, preferably within Emergency Services. Knowledge of community mental health care resources, addictions treatment, and the ability to work with state agencies.
- Technical Skills: Must be proficient with written and verbal communication skills. Must have knowledge of community-based and state agencies with regard to behavioral health services.
- Age and Disability: Must possess knowledge and skills necessary to interact compassionately and appropriately with patients and their families on a regular basis.
- Other: Professional demeanor and appearance, as well as the ability to deal tactfully with sensitive situations and maintain patient confidentiality. Must be able to interact effectively with other hospital departments to achieve desired outcome for the patient.
- Contacts: Reports to the Director of Emergency Services or designee. Several hospital and community-based contacts and insurance providers.
- Environmental Demands: Physical surroundings are pleasant and comfortable, with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards.