Provide timely billing, follow-up collections, and final resolution of assigned accounts. Ensures appropriate contractual adjustment is taken on account. Researches remittance advice to determine accurate payment levels are made by payers. Works with UR to determine authorizations received on all managed accounts and communicates denials to overturn decisions timely.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Two years inpatient behavioral health billing/collection experience preferred.
- Technical Skills: Formal training and/or proficiency in keyboarding, Microsoft Office programs (particularly Word) and other office equipment. Familiarity with EMC billing desirable.
- Age and Disability: Must possess knowledge and skills necessary to interact compassionately and appropriately with patients and families of the mentally ill.
- Other: Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Diplomacy and discretion are essential, as well as excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects. Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Contacts: Reports to the Business Office Manager. Interacts with all internal departments, Fuller Hospital and Corporate personnel, and external contacts.
- Environmental Demands: Physical surroundings are pleasant and comfortable, with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards.
- Essential Physical/Mental Demands: Minimal physical effort required; normally seated with some freedom of movement on a regular basis; handling light materials and supplies. Periodic eye and ear strain (up to 50% of the time) present. Frequent stress due to workload pressures, multiple projects, responsibilities and frequent interruptions.
- Manual Dexterity Required: Requires a high degree of proficiency and accuracy in typing/keyboarding.
- Americans with Disabilities Act Statement: External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job-specific functions (underlined within each job-specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation, to be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis.
- Ethics Statement: Employee conducts himself/herself consistent with the ethical standards of the organization including, but not limited to, the Fraud and Abuse Compliance Program as measured by employee performance and conduct.