Director of Facilities / Plant Operations
Plans, develops, directs and controls the operation of the Maintenance and Housekeeping Departments to contribute to meeting the mission and goals of Fuller Hospital and the requirements of JCAHO and other applicable federal, State and local regulatory and/or accrediting agencies. Participates in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Safety Committee. Activities include managing hospital-wide processes to collect and evaluate information about hazards and safety practices, and to identify safety management issues which are addressed by the Safety Committee. Participates in the Safety Education Orientation Program for employees and in continuing education for all employees.
- Education: High School Diploma plus two years of college preferred. Extension experience or apprenticeship in a trade acceptable.
- Experience: Minimum of five years as a tradesman in environmental services or maintenance. Must demonstrate familiarity with current JCAHO and state licensing issues and focuses. Must have experience with the Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations provisions.
- Technical Skills: Demonstrates excellent communications and problem resolution skill, both written and verbal. Diplomacy, tact, and a calm approach are required as is a willingness to evaluate several sides of an issue. Strong organizational skills and confidentiality are required.
- Age and Disability: This position has no age or disability specified requirements
- Contacts: Reports directly to the CEO. Relates on a daily basis with Program Managers, staff, the Quality Imporvement/Risk Management Coordinator, department managers, and vendors. Directs the maintenance and housekeeping staff.
- Environmental Demands: Physical surroundings are pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards.
- Essential Physical/Mental Demands: There are no special physical or mental demands for this position. However, the manager may regularly be required to meet the physical requirements of a staff employee.
- Americans with Disabilities Act Statement: External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform essential job-specific functions underlined within each job-specific responsibility.
- Ethics Statement: Employee conducts himself/herself consistent with the ethical standards of the organization including, but not limited to, the Fraud and Abuse Compliance Program as measured by employee performance and conduct.