Diesel Mechanic - Martin Brower
Shift: 6PM-4:30AM Sun-Thurs -OFF Fridays and Saturdays!!
Pay: $22-30/Hr based on experience/certifications
Perks and Benefits:
- 4 Weeks PTO
- Amazing benefits-Medical, dental, and vision packages
- Yearly performance raises
- 401K -5% Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Incentive Pay (ASE & CDL Certification pay)
We are Driven by Excellence, Dedicated to People in everything we do...no matter the job. A unique and fulfilling work experience comes with every position within the Reyes Family of Businesses - where there's always an opportunity to grow and develop in a family-owned environment grounded in values and ethics.
A Fleet Technician B primarily focuses on the preventative maintenance of the fleet diesel equipment of the Reyes Holdings family of businesses. A B level Technician will assist in the repair and diagnosis of various truck and trailer equipment at the direction of Lead Technician/ Technician A's or Supervisor.
Through their knowledge of the distribution industry, the Reyes Fleet Management team works with the companies to reduce costs, ensure compliance standards and assist locations with value added solutions to provide well maintained equipment for employees' use.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Complete preventative maintenance and standard component inspections/ repairs of fleet diesel equipment
- Identifies root cause of basic failures/conditions and perform repairs as required
- Complete and perform quality maintenance on minor repairs of fleet diesel equipment (tractors, trailers, refrigeration units)
- Complete thorough documentation for work orders of repairs and preventative maintenance through the online Enterprise Asset Management system
- Ensure equipment has required licensing and registration prior to being deemed as "roadworthy"
- Install, replace, and repair onboard computers (XRS or XataNet) and/or cameras (Drive Cam)
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Work in a safe manner, per company, local, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Train other employees
- Other projects or duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years experience or equivalent experience with mechanical repairs and diagnostics on heavy duty and medium duty equipment
- Must possess own tools (have minimum tool requirement)
- Valid Driver's License to operate applicable company vehicles
- Acceptable motor vehicle record in compliance with Department of Transportation regulations
- Ability to work any schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to utilize an on board computer and desktop computer (PC, Windows, Microsoft Programs, etc)
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to be able to converse with the public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records
- Ability to frequently lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 100 pounds
- Some travel may be required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- ASE Certifications (Willingness to acquire)
- Trade school diploma or certification
- Commercial Driver's License
- Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
High School or Equivalent
2 to 20+ years