- Full-time, Part-time
- Mclean, VA 22107
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients. Manage according to the
Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards and instill a passion for customer service in all associates of the hotel.
· Partner with the Housekeeping Manager to recruit, develop, manage and monitor performance while making
any recommendations for disciplinary and other human resources-related actions.
· Inspect all assigned suites and public areas to ensure furnishings, guest suites, equipment, linens, and public
areas are clean and in good repair to meet guest expectations. Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on
corrective action. Provide retraining as needed.
· Assist with training of employees and ensuring that they have the tools and equipment needed to effectively
carry out their respective job duties.
· Assist with scheduling and room cleaning assignments to ensure proper coverage.
· May perform all housekeeping duties necessary including cleaning guest suites and hotel public space to ensure
guest satisfaction and owner expectations.
· Partner with the Housekeeping Manager to inventory and maintain par levels for linen and room supplies.
· Monitor commercial laundry supplies and equipment to ensure they are sufficient and in working order.
· Manage procedures of lost and found items.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and
· Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health and safety services.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· High School Diploma or equivalent plus two years housekeeping experience including some supervisory
· Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
· Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other languages beneficial.
· Reading and writing abilities are required in order to document tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive
instructions for the day and/or to read equipment manuals including safety information.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
· Experience with Microsoft Office preferred.
· Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
· Will be required to regularly use commercial cleaning chemicals.
· Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts, Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Related to this job