Retail Sales Associate (PT)
For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek leaders and pioneers — because there’s no time to wait around for next. At New Balance, We Got Now. Retail Sale Associates ensure our retail stores operate smoothly and provide exemplary customer service. Educated with expert product knowledge, they utilize proper selling techniques to assist customers throughout every step of the transaction process, always positively representing the New Balance brand.
- Provide customer service using proper selling techniques, product knowledge, and the GUEST service model:
- Greet and make customer contact
- Understand the customer's needs
- Educate the customer on product features and benefits
- Solve any customer problems/answer any questions
- Transact the sale through suggestive selling, multiple selling, and effective closing
- Correctly measure and fit customers with appropriate NB product
- Inform customers about any promotions we have running
- Keep the floor always looking its best – neat, organized, and well stocked
- Make sure items are labeled and price marked properly
- Protect our products by greeting customers, attaching/detaching security tags, monitoring floor merchandise, reporting shrinkage and security violations, etc.
- Follow safety regulations, including proper lifting procedures and timely reporting of all accidents and near misses
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Should be a people person!
- Past retail experience preferred, but not necessary
- Strong customer service and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to flourish in a team environment
- Familiarity with cash register functions
- Ability to quickly perform basic math
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays
- Ability to: lift 4 lbs. frequently; lift maximum 8 lbs. occasionally; kneel or squat frequently; move boxes of product up to 50 lbs (with assistance if necessary); stand for extended periods of time; climb ladders occasionally; climb and descend stairs frequently (depending on location)
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.