- $18.00 to $23.00 hourly
- Skokie, IL 60077
$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR ALL NEW HIRES!!!
QUALITY INSPECTOR SUMMARY
Consolidated Aerospace Manufacturing (CAM), a Stanley Black and Decker Company, located in Skokie, IL, that manufactures and assembles highly precise heat shields in a variety of sizes that primarily services the aerospace industry. Our Company is seeking a Quality Inspector to join our team.
- Perform inspection of final assembly components to ensure compliance to all drawing and customer requirements.
- Perform in-process inspection of piece parts and sub-assemblies at different stages of the manufacturing process to ensure compliance to all in-process, drawing and customer contract requirements.
- Become certified as a Designated Supplier Quality Representative (DSQR) and perform DSQR inspection activities as required.
- Support inspection and receiving of raw material, purchased parts and parts returning from outside processing and their associated certification paperwork.
- Initiate and review Non-Conforming material documentation and establish control of Non-Conforming materials.
- Assist Quality Engineer in the maintenance of company gage calibration system
- Inspect hardware using various manual inspection equipment including calipers, micrometers, comparator, height stand, indicator, profilometer, hardness tester, etc.
- Review quality and production documentation for compliance to operation and/or related procedures.
- Perform audits and assist in preparation for internal and external audits, as needed.
- Support the Quality Engineers to ensure products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Interface with internal departments to engage in activities that ensure continuous control over material, services, and products.
- Interface with internal departments to assist in the investigation and resolution of Non-Conforming material issues.
- Perform floor audits and inspections to ensure in-process material meets company and customer requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred or a High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training in manufacturing, preferably aerospace or automotive
- The ability to read and understand complex engineering drawings, specifications, Geometric dimensioning and tolerances per ANSI/ASME
- Experienced working in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Previous ERP experience, preferably JD Edwards
- Previous experience with sheet metal stamping, welding and assembly preferred
- Strong visual abilities: able to visually identify defects, annual vision exam required
- Familiar with industry standard quality systems such as QS 9000 / TS-16949 / ISO 9001 / AS9100
- AS9100 experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight timelines and adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to work constructively within teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.
Related to this job