Diesel Fleet Technician
Earn a $1,500 sign-on bonus!*
First Transit, a leader in fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus, and fleet maintenance services, is now hiring a Fleet Technician serving The University of Rochester!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $30.31 per hour is based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- $1,500 sign-on bonus* (*Conditions apply. Offer expires 12/30/21)
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials PLUS $0.25 per ASE certification (per company policy)
- Premium pay for third shift at $.25 per hour
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Diesel Technician Major Responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are safe for our customers.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Assist in accurately diagnosing and performing mechanical repairs including the repair of brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, transmission clutches, and other repairs under direct supervision.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek supervisor approval where required.
- Notify the supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action is taken.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Diesel Technician Qualifications:
- A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must be able to obtain CDL B with passenger and airbrake endorsements within 6 months of hire.
- 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience or combination of education & experience.
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s toolset.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!)
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shifts.
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Related to this job