Job ID: 28665Positions Location: Grand Ledge, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job:
Positions Location: Grand Ledge, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for providing assessment, evaluation and treatment of patients in assigned Practice(s), under the delegated authority and supervision of the physicians within the scope of medical practice set forth by the State of Michigan and the medical staff of Sparrow Health System.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Provides patient care in assigned Practices, including performing physical examinations and operative and/or invasive procedures as outlined in an individual collaborative agreement with the supervising physicians; diagnosing and treating simple injuries, consulting with Physicians on complex cases, ordering routine laboratory and radiologic studies, and performing/interpreting routine laboratory and diagnostic studies, EKGs, PFTs, and audiograms as outlined in the individual collaborative agreement with the supervising physicians.
- Assess patients, document care provided in the medical record, write prescriptions and manage the care of assigned patients for physician review
- Collaborates with the health care team in planning and coordinating care for patients
- Counsels patients with regard to preventative health care and wellness
- Provides formal and informal education programs to practice staff and patients
- Participates in Quality Improvement initiatives including peer review activities
|General Requirements||* Current Michigan license as a PA|
|Work Experience||* Three years experience as a PA in a busy Family Practice or specialty site (Preferred) * Experience with an EMR (Preferred)|
|Education||* Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||* Demonstrated clinical knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to formulate medical interventions * Interpersonal skills to effectively and appropriately communicate with patients, their families, physicians, nurses and other Health System Caregivers * Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients serviced in his/her assigned service area as related to the principal duties and responsibilities of the position. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience. * Demonstrated excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills * Ability to work in an EMR environment|
NP/PA Position with Sparrow Urgent Care
Sparrow Medical Group (SMG) is a multispecialty physician group and the premier physician organization of Sparrow Health System (SHS) is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated, Per Diem APP's to join our various Sparrow Urgent Care. Sparrow Urgent Care delivers exceptional quality care in a diverse and family friendly community. SMG are committed to improving access to medical care across the Mid-Michigan region.
- Moonlighting oppotunities
- Grand Ledge, Lansing, and East Lansing
- 4-5 hour shifts
- Flexible schedule
- Self scheduling
- Experinced APP's only
- All clinic
- EPIC EMR
- Top performer in quality initiatives
Position is hospital-employed and offers:
- Excellent compensation
- 401(k) with matching funds
- Malpractice insurance that includes tail coverage
Learn more about this position by contacting:
Tammy Hill, Provider Recruitment Specialist
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job FamilyPhysicians & Advanced Practice Providers
|Degree Type / Education Level||Master's|
|Facility||Sparrow Medical Group|
|Experience Level||Under 4 Years|