- Rochester, NY 14621
Outpatient Access Specialist - Evenings
UR Medicine is made up of many parts, all devoted to providing highly advanced medical care. Our Mission of “Ever Better” means we improve the well-being of patients and communities by delivering innovative, compassionate, patient and family-centered health care, enriched by education, science and technology.
We are now looking for an Outpatient Access Specialist for our Surgical unit. These Medical Administrative Assistants perform clerical tasks for our practices such as patient registration and welcome, appointment scheduling, and entries into the patient’s medical record. Outpatient Access Specialists are accountable for efficient work performance and excellent customer service.
Schedule: Full Time, Evenings, 3:00 - 11:00 pm; includes working every other weekend
Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinates appointment schedules, allocates rooms to providers, schedules procedures and tests for patients as needed.
- When patients have clinical questions, assess the urgency of a situation and determine the appropriate routing for the patient, serving as front-line problem solver.
- Coordinates daily efforts to edit and correct registration and billing errors, ensures accuracy of provider schedules
- Reviews reports on visit and charge data, reconciling these reports with services provided. Follows-up with providers to reconcile discrepancies on visit data
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of work experience in an administrative/office or customer service position
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. The University believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances the performance of our organization and our ability to fulfill our important missions. The University is committed to fostering and supporting an environment inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported.
- Rochester, NY 14603
- Rochester, NY 14614
- Rochester, NY 14605
- Rochester, NY 14650
- Rochester, NY 14611
- Rochester, NY 14618
- Rochester, NY 14608
- Full-time, Part-time
- Rochester, NY 14602
Related to this job