The Systems Engineer works as an interdependent team member to address responsibilities and complete activities related to:
· Equipping staff with the IT related tools and systems
· Empowering staff with the knowledge and information
· Ensuring IT related systems are available, accurate and engineered properly
· Supporting the IT Helpdesk and department administration
Persons who succeed in this role deliver a great technology experience.
Persons who enjoy this role are passionate about success of the teams, brand and how technology serves.
Persons in this role have a wide breadth of subject matter expertise across datacenter, virtualization, networking, cloud, collaboration, communication, and security systems. The Systems Engineer is expected to be a key contributor to the build-out, maintenance and administration of an Information Technology environment that supports the goals and objectives of the business, is scalable, stable, and secure.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Equip staff with the IT related tools and systems
- Analyze, Configure, Deploy infrastructure technologies
- Analyze, Configure, Deploy enterprise applications
- Administrate & Support infrastructure
- Administrate & Support enterprise applications
- Empowering staff with the knowledge and information
- Engineer & continually improve infrastructure usability
- Engineer & continually improve applications usability
- Support awareness and clarity around proper IT practices
- Ensuring IT related systems are available and accurate
- Actively monitor and address escalated issues coming into the Helpdesk
- Address support issues relative to timeliness and business needs
- Actively maintain infrastructure uptime, availability, accuracy, and security
- Participate in design, technical review, planning, and implementation of new IT infrastructure projects. Participate in project-type work and coordinate with internal and external parties.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate systems and user needs. Document requirements, define scope and objectives, prepare cost-benefit analysis, and assist with formulating proposals that are aligned to business needs.
- Document procedures for IT and end users.
- Maintain progressive leading edge job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- As a critical member of a lean results-oriented team, will provide ongoing technical consultation, collaboration, training, and support to colleagues to ensure the team’s continued success.
- As an advanced a tier 3 technical escalation point, provide exceptional support to a range of technical and non-technical employees in finance, sales and marketing, customer service, manufacturing, warehouse and distribution operations, product design, and company retail stores. This position coordinates issues, seeks guidance and escalates issues between:
- Level 1, Level 2 Helpdesk Analysts
- Network Engineers
- Systems Engineers
- ERP Manager
- Director of IT
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
· Associates, Bachelor’s level degree or Trade school preferred
· Relevant certifications from Microsoft, HP, Dell, VMware desired
· Previous technical environment experience of 10+ years preferred
· Previous experience in a Network Engineer role required
· Previous experience in a multi-site organization required
· Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
· Previous experience with VoIP environments desired
Location: Aurora, NY
· Role can require person to be available to support infrastructure and business requirements outside of normal business hours.
· Role participates in IT On-Call functions.
· Reliable transportation required.
· Role requires person to be reachable by cell phone. (Allowance or reimbursement will be provided)
This role requires the following soft skills:
· Active Communication – person works to keep others up to date
· Active Learning – person engages in understanding new ideas, issues, methods, technologies
· Problem Solving – person applies experience, knowledge, and advanced skills to resolve issues in a timely manner
· Outcome Focused – person executes and delivers work aligned with the goals and experience of those impacted
· Value Driven – person executes work with levels of detail and quality to maximize efforts and results
· Self-Aware – person is supportive towards others while balancing stress, the unexpected and the dynamic nature of a business environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Advanced working knowledge of structured cabling best practices, jacks, and patch panels.
· Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, group policy, NTFS security, and PCI compliance.
· Expert knowledge of network design: experience configuring routers and firewalls, DHCP/DNS, NAT, VLANs, 802.1x WLAN, VoIP, VPN.
· Advanced working knowledge with VMWare, preferably with vSAN, data replication, and SRM.
· Advanced working literacy with backup technologies, Veeam and Off-Site DataSync preferred
Work is performed in a typical office environment where there is no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
MacKenzie-Childs is an EEO employer.