At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities. Your safety is our top priority.We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees.We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.What Security contributes to Cardinal Health
Security is responsible for providing measures to safeguard Cardinal Health's assets from circumstances that would cause loss or harm.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Demonstrates knowledge of security concepts, policies, and procedures.
- Recognizes and anticipates security incidents and issues and escalates or responds appropriately.
- Identifies physical risk and assists with risk mitigation.
- Conducts site security audits and investigations.
- Applies industry, government and company specific security standards to solve problems and provides guidance.
- Completes and/or reviews incident reports.
Accountabilities in this role
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
- Daily security procedures
- Corporate security and safety standards compliance
- Emergency response and crisis management
- Physical security of multiple locations in Groveport, Ohio (primary) and Dublin, Ohio (secondary)
- Routine patrols
- Security policies and procedures enforcement
- Security or medical incidents response; reporting actions and findings
- Provide high-quality customer service at security desks, and interact in a professional manner with employees, contractors, and visitors
- High school diploma required
- 1+ years' experience in a related field
- Prior experience in the security industry is preferred
- EMT basic preferred
- Paramedic experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and perform all job duties with minimal supervision
- Willing to work a wide range of hours
- Fluid schedule with expectation this part-time officer position will work nights and weekends
- A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:
- 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health is a Fortune 14 healthcare services company that improves the cost-effectiveness of healthcare. As the business behind healthcare, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals and ambulatory care sites focus on patient care while reducing costs, improving efficiency and quality, and increasing profitability. As one of the largest healthcare companies in the world, Cardinal Health is an essential link in the healthcare supply chain, providing pharmaceuticals and medical products to more than 40,000 locations each day. The company is also a leading manufacturer of medical and surgical products, including gloves, surgical apparel and fluid management products. In addition, the company supports the growing diagnostic industry by supplying medical products to clinical laboratories and operating the nation's largest network of radio-pharmacies that dispense products to aid in the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. Cardinal Health employs more than 40,000 people worldwide. Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.To read and review this privacy notice click