Grounded in versatility and powered by a styling community, Express is a modern, multichannel apparel and accessories brand whose purpose is to Create Confidence & Inspire Self-Expression. Launched in 1980 with the idea that style, quality and value should all be found in one place, Express has been a part of some of the most important and culture-defining fashion trends. The Express Edit design philosophy ensures that the brand is always ‘of the now' so people can get dressed for every day and any occasion knowing that Express can help them look the way they want to look and feel the way they want to feel.
The Company operates over 500 retail and outlet stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, the express.com online store and the Express mobile app. Express, Inc. is comprised of the brands Express and UpWest, and is traded on the NYSE under the symbol EXPR. For more information, please visit www.express.com.
The Associate Manager supports the store manager in managing store operations, recruiting, management, training and sales functions, drives productivity, compliance with company policies, and creates a great in-store shopping experience for our customers. Talent
– Attract, hire, develop, inspire, and retain top talent
- Support an environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of the store morale.
- Focus all store associates on creating an environment built on team work and inspiring a "one team" mentality.
- Coach, teach, train, recognize and manage all aspects of performance and development for all store associates up to and including Sales Leaders, to encourage professional growth and build a bench of talent.
- Identify high performing store associates and assist in their growth.
- Develop and maximize the success of store associates to achieve sales potential and customer experience.
- Attract and hire store associates, up to and including Sales Leaders.
- Analyze the business and execute/communicate clear action plans that optimize results.
Customer and Associate Experience
- Manage all aspects of daily store operations.
- Ensure all store associates have clarity on goals and action plans.
- Provide feedback to help support the creation of clear action plans that optimize results.
- Manage and delegate workload and ensure execution of plans and strategies across the store.
- Maintain adherence to Company Policies and ensures the safety of store associates and Customers.
- Manage merchandise flow, such as shipment, replenishment, and omni-channel operations, throughout the store.
- Optimize sales/operations opportunity, by leading the associates consistently executes merchandising strategies, operations, loyalty programs and other company initiatives.
- With approval of the Store Manager, builds an effective schedule with the right associate in the right place at the right time.
– Support and develop a store environment focused on consistently delivering a great in-store customer experience.
Other essential functions may occur as directed by your supervisorEssential Qualifications
- Resolve customer complaints to a positive outcome. Determines source of issues and takes initiative to identify and resolve.
- Lead consistent focus on delivering a great customer experience
- Create a culture of proactive customer engagement to exceed our customer's expectations.
- Drive loyalty and credit card acquisition through an engaged store team.
- Create positive in-store experience through visual standards.
Preferred Qualifications (skills and abilities)
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Years of Experience: 3-5 of relevant job experience
- Proficient in use of technology (iPad, registers)
- Meets defined availability criteria, including nights, weekends and non-business hours
- Meets physical requirements
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Proven ability to drive sales results
- Strong supervisory, communication and customer service skills
- Minimum of two years relevant experience
- Prior people management experience
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.Notification to Agencies:
Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies.In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition,Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.