Quality Assurance & Engineering Consultant
TITLE: Quality Assurance & Engineering Consultant
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Quality Assurance (QA) Consulting Manager consults for clients to ensure that the production and distribution of products meet or exceed all quality and regulatory standards, in addition to performing trainings custom to the Culinary Research and Education Academy.
- Minimum of 5 years' or more managing Quality and Food Safety Operations and/or Food Engineering
- Strong understanding of USDA / FDA food regulatory systems
- Demonstrable knowledge of food safety requirements
- Proven in managing and developing HACCP programs, including risk assessment
- Experience with developing or updating sustainability programs
- Experience in Food safety audit
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or a related field
- HACCP Certification
- Certifications from BRC, SQF, and/or PCQI a plus
- Assist client's HACCP work plans including preparation and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all tasks related to Food Quality and Food Safety.
- Assist client with local, state, federal, or global food safety regulations and offer compliance requirements.
- Performs external food safety and quality audits at client sites.
- Assist with liaising to clients with municipal, state, and federal regulatory bodies.
- Serves as point of contact to clients for food safety related projects and communicates effectively in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of custom training programs.
- Monitor policy changes from regulatory agencies (FDA, UDSA, etc.) and recommend changes as needed.
- Participate in food safety trends and regulatory updates and apply as relative to consulting services.
- Participate in the design and development of sous-vide, cryoconcentration extraction and other food related courses for clients.
- Participate in the innovation process working in collaboration with Chief Scientist and Chef-Consultants. Contributing to R&D recipes and testing as needed.
- Participate and present at innovation tastings and demonstrations as needed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Management.
Cuisine Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.