he National Solutions Operations (NSO) within the Intelligence Group of Leidos is searching for a Capture Manager, responsible for securing existing and winning new business opportunities with Intelligence Community customers – NGA, NRO, and DIA. The position will report to the Vice President of Business Development Operations and Strategy.
The Capture Manager performs a critical role in growing the Leidos business, responsible for developing and executing the overall capture strategy associated with an approved pursuit effort. This role Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results, while recommending and implementing new solutions, processes, policies, standards that result in a win. The problems we solve for our customers are complex and typically impact multiple areas and disciplines. Because of this fact, the successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project, while drawing upon expert knowledge of industry practices, advanced techniques and solutions within a professional discipline to develop new standards, processes, and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Excellent communications skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products
- Experience in capturing/winning business development programs within the Intelligence Community with emphasis on opportunity qualification and shaping into solution and proposal submission
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competition, team leadership, etc.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal materials
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance with ability to attain SCI and successfully pass polygraph
- The candidate must be an organized, aggressive, highly skilled professional, knowledgeable in government contracting with excellent leadership and collaboration skills. Knowledge/experience with NRO, DIA, and NGA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal materials experience in fixed price, completion type, or similar preferred
- In-scope Top Secret SCI with polygraph or Active Top Secret with ability to attain SCI with polygraph