Materials Technician - First Shift
• Coordinates incoming shipment of supplies between Central Sterile Supply & the Receiving Department. Receives merchandise, confirms delivery receipt for accuracy.
• Unpack supplies from boxes, outside the sterile supply area, and places supplies on a cart. Discards boxes properly.
• Restocks Central Sterile Supply with product in correct bin locations and distributes special request supplies. All completed in a timely manner.
• Prepares case carts properly for supply transportation. Completes case cart Pick List accurately and in a timely manner.
• Inventories & restocks specialty PAR locations for assigned areas. Utilizes computer printout sheet and/or Handheld High jump to determine, document and collect replenished supply quantities.
• Assists with data entry related to requisitions/supply orders, etc. All of this in a timely manner.
• Answers phone requests with the ability to understand the nature of said requests. Can offer alternative products if needed or can assist in locating the unavailable product, and/or substitute from another source. Delivers the requested supply to the O/R as requested.
• Responsible for the Inspection, documentation and deposition of expired and/or recall products stocked on the shelf daily. Maintains the required log. Maintains the storage area for all supplies in a clean, neat and orderly manner.
• Responsible for the inspection of compromise of sterility of products and restocking of unused medical supplies returned in Green Bags from case carts.
• Ensure all supply storage locations are identified with a BARCODE product label thereby, verification of product also being identified on a PAR.
• Consistently notifies surgery staff of departmental stock orders & backorder releases. Assures timely, accurate delivery according to established schedule. Informs requisitioner of specialty backorders and expected release date.
• To requisition, distribute, and maintain inventory of routine and special order surgical supplies.
• Completes special projects as assigned by Inventory Coordinator, Operations Manager or Materials Director.
• Participates in quarterly inventory, assuring accurate counts. Keeps work area clean & neat. Boxes & packing materials removed, floor swept.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
• High school diploma or equivalent required & one (1) year hospital experience preferred.
• Valid Texas drivers license is required.
• BCLS Preferred.
This is a Contact Hire job. You can convert to Direct Hire after anywhere from 1 to 3 months. After that you will get 100% PAID EMPLOYEE MEDICAL INSURANCE