Mental Health Specialist (MHS)
Fuller Hospital is a 102-bed licensed, private psychiatric facility located in South Attleboro, Massachusetts providing inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services to residents of Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Inpatient units are designed to treat adults with general psychiatric or intellectual disabilities, as well as adolescents with general psychiatric issues. Patients with co-occurring psychiatric and substance abuse disorders can be treated on most units. Fuller Hospital also provides a less intensive Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) to patients with psychiatric and co-occurring psychiatric and substance abuse disorders. As part of Universal Health Services (UHS), we offer a wide range of employee benefits and educational opportunities to both reward and develop our dedicated employees. Employees are our most valued asset and we encourage qualified individuals to apply.
Mental Health Specialists are a vital part of Fuller Hospital’s treatment team. We are hiring for full time and part time for Day, Evening, and Overnight shifts.
Who You Are
It’s the opportunity to make a difference that drives you. It's taking the time to really listen to a patient so you can do your best to help. It's the camaraderie among professionals who push you further than you ever thought you could go. You are physically and mentally fit and have what it takes to care for patients of all ages. You are as equally diligent and attentive during quiet times as you are a in a crisis situation. You are a highly empathetic individual with a high level of emotional and social intelligence. Your satisfaction comes from a patient’s noticeable progress or a sincere word of thanks from your patient's family. It's these experiences that solidify your dedication to helping others.
As a Mental Health Specialist, you will:
- Ensure a safe and therapeutic environment
- Provide routine patient care as required in a psychiatric environment
- Document and communicate unusual or erratic changes in client behaviors
- Assist with patient groups and activities
- Work with culturally and generationally diverse populations to meet their individual needs
- Provide trauma informed and age-specific care
- Maintain therapeutic boundaries and utilize crisis intervention techniques
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries
- Shift differentials are paid for evening, night and weekend shifts
- Student Loan Repayment - $200/month for full time
- Sign on Bonus
About Universal Health Services
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were over $11 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking of U.S.’ Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has over 89,000 employees and continues to grow through its subsidiaries. Operating acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located all over the U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. www.uhsinc.com
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Impeccable Judgment & professionalism
- Ability to maintain composure in a crisis situation
- Must be comfortable caring for patients in acute psychiatric distress
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.