Seafood Team Leader
Similar jobs pay
$30.38 - $53.45
Stow, OH 44224
Job SummaryOur Seafood Team Leader manages the entire Seafood team and keeps it running like a well-oiled machine. You'll be the one who Team Members and guests look to for guidance on the freshest catch of the day and the best way to prepare that Mahi Mahi in their cart. Leaders are accountable for the operating performance of the department at all times. Be a Leader by representing the organization in a professional manner. Promote and develop individuals with mutual respect, inclusion, diversity and dignity. Coach Team Members on a regular basis with timely feedback — identify opportunities for development and coach for success.Job Description
- Experience Required: Retail work experience or Store Leader recommendation
- Experience Desired: Retail leadership or supervisory experience; Successful performance as a Peer Trainer, in-store champion, or other similar role; Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department; Satisfactory performance and discipline record
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one or some combination of the following tasks:
1. interview, select and train Team Members;
2. direct the work of Team Members;
3. appraise Team Members’ productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status;
4. handle Team Member issues including, but not limited to complaints;
5. discipline Team Members;
6. plan the work;
7. distribute or assign the work among Team Members;
8. provide for the safety and security of Team Members or the store;
9. manage the budget for your department or location;
10. manage inventory for your department or location; or
11. monitor or implement compliance measures
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided to department Team Members to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control labor costs.
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team by focusing on respect and by setting an exemplary example.
- Identify strengths and opportunities of the team and think strategically when making moves and scheduling.
- Develop future leaders, identify Team Members who are poised to rise through the ranks and remember our people are our best asset!
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, giving each Team Member a voice.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work: for Team Members, for guests and for products.
- Inspire the team and our guests with a passion for food and a willingness to go the extra mile to provide the best product.
- Set and reach aggressive sales and profit goals by making suggestions when appropriate, while also managing shrink.
- Establish an ongoing communication plan with the team, ensuring that all Team Members are informed and prepared to put their best food forward!
- Communicate with the merchandising team to ensure that promotions are properly communicated to Team Members and guests.
- Make innovative plans and suggestions to improve our business.
- Review and analyze financial, LOB reports, and historical reports to improve performance in sales, profits, shrink, labor controls, and reduction.
- Oversee period inventories for accuracy and monitor weekly fluctuations in inventory and shrink dollars.
Posting ID: 665574577 Posted: 2021-11-26 Job Title: Seafood Team Leader