Johnson County Transit Bus Operator - $5,000 Sign on bonus with CDL / $3,000 non CDL*
Now Hiring Bus Operators for our Johnson County Transit contract!
Starting Wage of $20.53/HR With CDL!!!
We are currently offering a new hire bonus for eligible applicants:
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus* with a CDL
$3,000 Sign-on Bonus non- CDL (we will train you to get your CDL)
Have you considered being a Bus Operator in your community? Now’s your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
First Transit Operators provide transportation via Ride KC Johnson County within the local Metropolitan area (including Kansas City, KS, Kansas City, MO, Johnson County, Edgerton, Gardner, and Lawrence). As a Bus Operator you will provide our clients with the freedom and independence of reliable, safe transportation. If you love helping people and driving – come work for us!
That is exactly why our Operators say: “This is a job with lots of-freedom” “Is life-changing” and “I love what I do!”
Safety is our top priority and all drivers will be provided the necessary protective equipment to perform their job in accordance with CDC Guidelines.
Our buses are disinfected daily and masks, gloves and sanitizer are all provided.
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- Starting rate of $20.53/HR with CDL (Pay increase to drivers with 5 years like service after 6 months behind the wheel.)
- $5,000 Sign on Bonus for CDL Holders*
- $3,000 Sign on Bonus for non CDL Holders*
- Attractive benefits package, including 401(k) with company contribution, medical, dental and vision
- Paid Vacation
- Cutting Edge Paid Training
- Flexible Schedule
- Year-round work
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- Making a real difference in the lives of the passengers you serve
Sign-on Bonus expires 12/31/21, see location for details*
You’ll be responsible for transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner
We want you to drive with us, if you:
- Have good communication skills
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have held a valid driver’s license for at least 3 years
- Be subject to a drug test and physical
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering - That’s why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.