Under close supervision the Custodian performs general custodial duties to include; cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming. Employees in this job class use proper materials and methods to assure areas are clean and free of safety hazards.
1. *Clean, dust, and wipe furniture.
2. *Sweep, mop, or vacuum floors.
3. *Empty and clean wastebaskets, trash containers and cigarette urns.
4. *Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedures. Refill
5. Assist with the setup for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
6. *Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
7. *Wash accessible interior and exterior windows. Clean blinds.
8. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to utilize a wide array of custodial chemicals; general cleaning chemicals;
• Ability to safely operate custodial equipment (vacuum, backpack vacuum, cardboard bailer);
• Ability to communicate effectively;
• Ability to follow instructions;
• Computer literacy to use business software, the Internet, enter data/retrieve data;
• Human relations skills to build effective working relationships.
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED: The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of
time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering in and around the worksite
• Standing and walking
• Bending, kneeling, reaching, and stooping
• Lifting boxes or equipment weighing up to 35 pounds, and up to 50 pounds occasionally
• Pushing or pulling objects such as vacuums, carts, mops, etc.
• May be required to push/pull equipment weighing up to 70 pounds
• Grasping both small & large objects
• Climbing ladders and/or step stools
Work is performed in an office environment, or at a customer’s location, such as a commissary environment, a federal courthouse, or a military base. Employees may be exposed to toxic chemicals, noise from equipment in maintenance environment, and depending on indoor and outdoor conditions, exposure to cold or heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Drug screening
- Background check
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Available to work: weekends