DATA SCIENCE FULL-TIME GRADUATE
Join us as a Data Scientist on our Dell Technologies Services team in Round Rock, TX or Hopkinton, MA (or remote) to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Dell Technologies Services (DT Services) is an organization within Dell. DT Services provides support and extended warranty services, managed deployment, enterprise installation, and configuration services for both Enterprise and Client customers. It is one of the most strategic and profitable organizations in the company , and it is currently experiencing explosive global growth. DT Services is made up of marketing, sales operations, finance, engineering, and global operations teams that include customer service, supply chain, and professional services.
Why Data Science at Dell?
- Be a part of a large passionate data science community that's always sharing new learnings, best practices, and a helping hand.
- Dell values creativity and innovation. Dell encourages, supports, and rewards new ideas through an established patent application process.
- Flexibility in where you work. Dell is committed to supporting on-site, remote, and hybrid working arrangements.
What You'll Do
- Apply a broad range of techniques and theories from statistics, machine learning, and business intelligence to deliver actionable business insights from our data
- Independently s olve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed
- Work with large, complex, and structured/ unstructured data sets
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights that scale across regions and languages
- Conduct data gathering, data processing, data modeling, project delivery, and stakeholder communications
- Collaborate with Data Engineering and Machine Learning Engineers to deliver end-to-end production applications
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of Dell data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for product development
- Interact cross-functionally, making business recommendations with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through the visual display of quantitative informatio n
- Serve as spokesperson on specialized projects and act as prime consultant on large projects - may serve as an informal team leader
Who You Are
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong statistical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Proficient knowledge of programming languages , functional programming , and data structures
- Excellent database ETL and data visualization skills
- Proven experience building and validating data science solutions using open-source tools
- Strives for professional development with the a bility to work in a team environment
- Keen technical aptitude balanced with an ability to communicate with business stakeholders
- Creative, with an ability to identify solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrates e ffective leadership
What You'll Need
- MS orPhD candidate in Computer Science, Data Science, Natural Sciences, Engineering, or related field
- GRADUATING IN THE TIME FRAME OFDECEMBER 202 1 -JUNE202 2
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in machine learning methods such as forecasting, association rules, classification, clustering , regression analysis, and familiarity with deep learning methods
- Proficient in experimental design and hypothesis testing
- Expertise in programming languages such as python or R, and database languages such as SQL
- Drive to consistently experiment and address ambiguity while deploying ML models
- Must be comfortable working with global teams spread across multiple regions
HERE'S OUR STORY; NOW TELL US YOURS
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here .