Department Manager - Hiring Immediately
New Orleans, LA 70125
This is a salaried position starting around $40,000 a year depending on experience.
Overseeing day to day operations of our entire area of the store. These include the deli, meat, produce, and freezer. Responsible for overseeing other managers and stockers. Responsible for daily/weekly/monthly cycle counts and reports. Ensuring all product is stocked and rotated properly and air stock is being properly maintained.
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships with large customers.
- Supervises and works together with Department Supervisor (if applicable) and Stocker/s to assure that shelves are stocked and merchandise is rotated.
- Assists in developing schedules, monitors performance and recommends the proper discipline as appropriate including termination.
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating procedures and interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP audits.
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises and works alongside the Stocker/s in the receiving of all deli products and ensures that the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintains equipment and makes sure maintenance contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervises the ordering of products from vendors on a regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets and cleaning underneath.
Shift start: 6:00 AM
Shift length: 10 hours
5 days/week, must be available any day
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen (cannabis included)
- Can lift 100 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free membership.
$16.25/hour Full-time, Part-time New orleans, LA 70121 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time New Orleans, LA 70113 Full-time, Part-time New Orleans, LA 70114 To be discussed Full-time Jefferson, LA 70121 Full-time, Part-time New orleans, LA 70114 Competitive Full-time, Part-time Jefferson, LA 70121 Full-time, Part-time Jefferson, LA 70121 Full-time, Part-time New Orleans, LA 70121 $16.25/hour Full-time, Part-time Harvey, LA 70059 Full-time, Part-time Gretna, LA 70053 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time New orleans, LA 70125 Urgently Hiring Full-time Metairie, LA 70002 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time New orleans, LA 70117 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time New orleans, LA 70126 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Metairie, LA 70003 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Harvey, LA 70058 Urgently Hiring Full-time Marrero, LA 70072