Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic
· Must have 2 years minimum working/repairing on heavy equipment (4 years preferred)
· Must have a thorough knowledge and minimum 2 years’ experience in the following:
o Welding (all types) and fabrication
o Electrical AC/DC
o Machine hydraulics and function
o Diesel engine repair
o Powertrain/Transmission/Brake repair
o Climate control/AC repair
o Computer and Windows operating environment
· Must be able to operate heavy equipment for equipment maintenance purposes only
· Be able to follow and maintain company equipment PM program
· All phases of troubleshooting a must
· Keep workplace clean and organized
· Must be a team player with management and operators
· Proficient at working in a safe environment with the authority to “stop everything” if this cannot be attained
· Provide your basic own hand tools, the company will provide all other tools and troubleshooting tools needed
· Diesel training and certification would be preferred
Quality and Customer Service Responsibilities
- To be at work on time and able to follow PTL policies and procedures for tardiness and paid time off.
- To ensure Customer Procedures are followed.
- For the Quality process to report non-conformances and to ensure compliance to DOT Regulations and PTL policies and procedures.
- To follow the facility’s verification standard procedure.
- To participate in daily Safety/Quality Briefings.
- To perform housekeeping duties to include bathrooms, break rooms, trash, weed control, washing equipment, shoveling, shop areas, painting, etc.
Inspection and Equipment Maintenance Responsibilities
- For equipment preventive maintenance with daily documentation and if applicable monthly/annual maintenance.
- To wear personal protective equipment and to use proper tools as needed/required for work that needs to be done as dictated by PTL.
- To climb up and down equipment as needed utilizing the three-point contact technique, also able to lift, carry, push/pull weights up to 60 pounds and to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and stand for extended periods of time.
- To work outside in all types of weather throughout the year.
- To work overtime as needed and to work to meet a Customer’s schedule.
- Have basic math skills.
Employee Training Responsibilities
- To be able to read PTL policies/procedures and to take written examinations in English.
- To comply with training given for regulatory and safety/quality required training subjects applicable to the facility.
- To comply with training given to conduct preventive maintenance and other duties in accordance with PTL/ Customer work instructions.
- To follow a checklist and to fill out the checklist properly after proper training.
Communications and Reporting Responsibilities
(Written and Verbal)
- To properly fill out checklists as provided.
- To follow the verification procedure verbally and written as per the facility’s operational work instruction.
- To report all maintenance problems, equipment damage or breakage, misuse of equipment, operational problems, and non-conformances to the Supervisor.
- To report any vandalism or breach of entry.
- To communicate all incidents such as:
- Near misses
- Service Failures
- Equipment Failures
- Non-Conformance / product integrity
**Pay is based upon qualifications and experience!!**