This position is responsible for greeting guests at the door, seating and presenting clean menus to guests in a friendly, professional, and quick manner. Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets and seats guests, presents menus to guests and informs them of any specials.
- Treats all guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests' expectations.
- Takes names on a waiting list and quotes wait times to guests when tables are not immediately available.
- Runs the floor plan board.
- Observes tables and keep track of clean, dirty, and occupied tables.
- Cleans and wipes down tables.
- Cleans, organizes, and stocks menus in the host area.
- Fulfills various side work projects to include but is not limited to replacing bottles of ketchup, cleaning windows, sweeping floors.
- Interacts with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to ensure a positive dining experience.
- Maintains restrooms throughout the shift (refill paper towels and hand soap).
- Folds t-shirts and organize merchandise.
- Reports to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Maintains adherence to all Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Reports to required meetings.
Requirements Competencies and Skills
- Customer Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Ability to communicate with management (including asking for clarification on tasks, policies and procedures), fellow employees, vendors and guest.
- Must visually scan restaurant for clean, unoccupied tables.
- Must be able to read, write and determine wait time based on company procedures.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
- Must report to work when scheduled and on time with a positive attitude.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Work Environment
A restaurant and bar environment. The work station may be drafty due to its location by the door, and the work environment noise level can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to slips, trips, and falls. Frequent hand washing is required. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Walk and stand during entire shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, crouch, kneel, stoop and wipe.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Frequently wash hands.
- Be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Carries 20 lbs. highchair frequently over medium distances (20-30 feet).
- Be able to manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, carry and wipe.
- Be able to hear and talk.
- Good close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus between the two.
This position regularly requires long working hours and frequent weekend and evenings work. Travel
No travel is expected for this position. Education and Experience
1. A high school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be at least 16 years of age or older.