Looking for a career with a purpose? Join the organization that gives purpose to your day, changing lives in every way! The Texas Department of Criminal Justice is hiring Correctional Officers across the state!
- Starting salary of $3091.84 monthly full-time and $1509.92 part-time with career ladder pay increases built in for time served.
- Full Time and Part Time positions available. Part Time (20 hours per week) with Benefits.
- Current State paid 100% health care plan premiums for eligible full-time employees and 50% of the premium for their eligible dependents. Eligible part-time employees get a 50% state contribution for themselves and 25% for their dependents.
- Benefits starting after 60 days of employment.
- Vision, dental, life, accidental insurance, short- and long-term disability plans available
- Retirement options with employer match
- Paid Training
- Earn Sick Time and Vacation Time from Day One
Got to www.tdcj.texas.gov/co to see Correctional Officer videos and explore all the perks to working for the great State of Texas! Please use code 033092CID.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or an immigrant with lawful status, who is authorized to work in the U.S.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must possess a High School Diploma from an accredited senior high school or equivalent, or a state or military-issued General Education Development (GED) certificate.
- You must not be on active duty in the military, unless on terminal leave. (Applicants may screen if they are within 6 months of eligibility.)
- You must not have been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
- You must never have been convicted of a felony.
- You must never have been convicted of an offense involving domestic violence.
- You cannot have had a Class B misdemeanor conviction within the past 5 years.
- You cannot have had a Class A misdemeanor conviction within the past 10 years.
- You cannot be on probation for any criminal offense.
- You cannot have any criminal charges pending or have an outstanding warrant.
- You must be able to perform the essential functions of a Correctional Officer, with or without reasonable accommodation. For a complete job description, please visit our website, www.tdcj.texas.gov
- You must pass the TDCJ Drug Test.
- You must pass the TDCJ Physical Agility Test.
- Male applicants, age 18 through 25, must provide proof of Selective Service registration or exemption from Selective Service registration.
A State of Texas Application for Employment, TDCJ Employment Application
Supplement (PERS 282), and all other required documents should be completed.
*Equal Opportunity Employer
**The following Military Occupational Specialty codes are generally
applicable to this position. Applicants must fully complete the
summary of experience to determine if minimum qualifications are met.
31, 19, 18, 11, 31C, 31E, 31B, 19K, 19D, 18B, 11B, 749X, 649X, MA,
5811, 5831, 5832, 5804, 58, 3P
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher