WE GO BEYOND THE OBVIOUS, USING INTELLIGENCE, PASSION AND CREATIVITY TO INSPIRE NEW THINKING AND SHAPE THE WORLD WE LIVE IN. TO START A CAREER THAT IS OUT OF THE ORDINARY, PLEASE APPLY...
EPIDEMIOLOGY ANALYST - KANTAR HEALTH
ROLE IS REMOTE - CAN WORK ANYWHERE IN THE USA.
The Analyst role is primarily responsible for the technical functionalities of, and updates to, the Kantar Epi Database, a multi-million dollar product that is utilized by clients globally to study and forecast the patient size, patient characteristics and trends among numerous disease indications. As part of the epidemiology team, the Analyst updates and maintains the database that is populated from secondary research data.
The position reports to the Director, Epidemiology and while has no direct reports the Analyst will work closely with the epidemiology team.
Update and maintain the data tables and all supporting information into the database that is the foundation for Kantar's Epi Database.
- Develop quantitative epidemiological models from published and/or registry data, resulting in an estimation of current and future potential patient populations.
- Assess the impact of future clinical, environmental or market changes on patient populations.
- Collect and analyze data on patient demographics, medical conditions, level of severity, and other conditions.
- Extract relevant information from large databases (e.g. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, SEER, etc.).
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Populates changes to the Epi Database when factors that may affect the underlying Epidemiology data have occurred, such as a new release of government census information.
- Coordinates and works closely with other internal staff in Epidemiology area, as well as the other practice areas to keep Epi Database current.
- Handles real time client issues with regard to the client's access to the Epi Database (such as how to access) along with client inquiries into the reported numbers and associated methodologies. Provides support to clients on a daily basis and may include travel to clients.
- Coordinates quarterly updates to the estimates reported on-line in the database.
- Includes newsletter sent to clients informing them of upcoming changes.
- Coordination with internal stakeholders on quarterly updates
- QC'ing the data loaded into the database before new data goes live for client viewing
Advanced degree in epidemiology field of study (preferably MPH).
Necessary skills/ experience:
- Strong research background with experience conducting literature reviews.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and statistical analysis software tools (e.g. SAS, SPSS or STATA).
- Working knowledge of quantitative epidemiological and scientific analysis.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
New York, Work from HomeUnited States of America
KANTAR REWARDS STATEMENT
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
Kantar is the world's leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar's 30,000 people help the world's leading organisations succeed and grow.