G.A. Rogers & Associates is currently seeking a dynamic Assistant Controller who will lead the general ledger closing process and prepare the consolidated financial statements for an EXCITING North Dallas client!
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside leadership and take part in process improvements and automation projects.
What's in it for you?
- A comprehensive benefits package including: Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k) Plan, Life and STD.
Company paid Life, Short term disability plan
Onsite fitness center
401k with company match
Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick time
You will work in a FUN and collaborative work environment where your accomplishments will be recognized and rewarded.
What you will do...
Oversee the month-end close process
Oversee the accurate and timely payment of all accounts payable, invoicing of clients, cash application and collections activities.
Serve as the accounting lead on implementations for new clients.
Ensure GAAP/SOX compliance
Manage the external audit process
Communicates timely and effectively with leadership.
Researches technical GAAP derivatives (ASC 606 and ASC 842).
Management of staff: hiring, delegation of work, training & development, goal setting, and performance evaluations.
Manage the preparation of ad hoc report writing and projects.
Review financial processes and internal controls and make recommendations to improve processes.
- Technical accounting knowledge (GAAP/IFRS)
- 10+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting & CPA is required
- Big Four experience highly preferred
- Proficiency in standard accounting software and a high proficiency in Excel are required.
- Strong team building and leadership skills to function effectively and positively within a team environment.
Compensation / Pay Rate (Up to): $125-130K base