Patient Care Tech
We are looking for a dedicated and knowledgeable CNA (PCT) to join our Critical Care team and work part-time, days.
This role is eligible for a $1,500.00 sign-on bonus, provided you successfully complete all pre-employment requirements subject to the terms and conditions of the offer. Former associates of six months or less are not eligible.
AMITA Health Mercy Medical Center Aurora
AMITA Health Mercy Medical Center Aurora has built a legacy of caring for the community and its residents. Founded in 1911, AMITA Health Mercy Aurora is a full-service hospital with a Level II Trauma Center, a Primary Stroke Center, and a state-of-the-art outpatient surgery center with minimally invasive robotics technology. We provide comprehensive care in a wide range of medical areas, including our renowned heart and vascular care for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of heart disease.What You Will Do:
Perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision.
- Aid with movement and placement of patients.
- Assist patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Report findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Document necessary records.
- Keep patient rooms clean, orderly, and maintains medical equipment
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the Illinois Board Of Division of Emergency Medical Services and Highway Safety obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Intermediate or Advanced also acceptable.
- Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Aide credentialed from the Illinois Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nursing student who has completed one semester of medical surgical nursing is also acceptable.
- High school diploma or GED required.
AMITA Health, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, is comprised of 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. With more than 900 providers in its medical groups, 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners, AMITA Health serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
We are committed to improving accessibility to healthcare in the communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable to our patients and one another, and we work hard to treat the whole person, body, mind and spirit. Our compassionate, talented team members are the source of our strength, and we invest heavily in their well-being. We offer significant professional opportunities, career advancement potential, comprehensive training and competitive wages.
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.