Repair Specialist II
You've probably never thought about working with vehicle glass for a living -- you're not alone! Our everyday heroes come from all sorts of backgrounds, many of which have little (or no) mechanical experience. If you're naturally curious and have a customer service mindset, we'll teach you the rest.
The Repair Specialist, which we hire year-round and seasonally, performs vehicle glass repairs whenever a glass replacement is not required. Our paid, formal training program teaches everything needed to complete these specialized repairs, regardless of any prior mechanical experience.
What You'll Get
- Competitive weekly pay and bonus opportunities
- Paid time off, holidays, paid volunteer days and a belief in work-life balance
- 401(k) plan with company matching to build your nest-egg
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be successful
- An actual marketplace to meet your health, wealth, life and legal needs - https://www.safelitebenefits.com
What You'll Do
- Learn to repair vehicle glass (in the classroom and hands on) with a focus on the Safelite Way of Fitting under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite leaders.
- Repair chips, cracks and other auto glass related issues on customer vehicles.
- Manage work orders, customer documentation and customer communication through the Safelite handheld Mobile Resource Management (MRM) technology.
- Clean customer vehicle during wait/idle time during the repair process as well as perform additional housekeeping tasks in company vehicle and shop.
- Safely and professionally operate a company fleet vehicle to and from customer locations.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You'll Need
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid state-issued driver's license required.
- On-the-job training/completion of Safelite SafeTech™ certification.
- The ability to operate a Safelite van, following all safety, cleanliness policies, traffic laws, and maintain a safe driving record.
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads fluctuate.
- Comfort working outside in a variety of weather conditions.
- Present a professional appearance and wear personal protective equipment.
- Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for short periods, working at elevated heights, remaining on your feet for extended periods.
Your Rights: To review and consider your application, Safelite Group collects personal information. To understand what is collected and why, carefully review the Applicant Privacy Notice presented during your online application. We value our diverse workforce and we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We don't discriminate based on any characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, we'll provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application/hiring process.
Notification to Agencies: Safelite Group does not accept and will not pay commissions for unsolicited resumes or outreach from third-party recruiters or agencies. Absent a signed MSA and approval from Talent Acquisition to submit resumes for a specific requisition, we will not approve payment to any third party for hires made.