Clinic Nurse - Women's Health Moore - Moore, Oklahoma - Labor and Delivery
INTEGRIS has the most expansive clinical network in Oklahoma that provides medical care for all ages. Our clinics embrace our mission of partnering with people to live healthy lives and our vision to be the most trusted partner for health in Oklahoma.
Come work in a positive team environment with Dr. Miller at Moore Women’s Health and earn great benefits including personal paid leave and retirement savings plan.
Clinic hours Monday – Friday 8a to 5p
Clinic Nurse - Full Time
Job Code: 2012
The Clinic Nurse assumes responsibility for the delivery of patient care utilizing the nursing process, under the supervision of a physician. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Clinic Nurse responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Contributes to the assessment/reassessment of patients
* Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of appropriate patient care interventions
* Monitors for signs and systems related to abnormal lab values, and deviation from baseline assessments
* Reports changes in patient status to the physician and initiate any new orders from the physician as directed
* Promotes patient satisfaction and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
INTEGRIS Family Care Clinics:
* Participates in charge management to ensure chart accuracy with each visit.
* Documents patient information in the medical record accurately and timely.
* Reports suspected abuse and refers patient/family to appropriate health or social resource.
* Performs Venipuncture, EKG, Waived Testing, Bone Density, X Ray, and other procedures as assigned by the physician, manager or clinical supervisor. Performs sterilization of equipment after a procedure is performed.
* Gathers and documents information about patient condition, which includes lab values, pain levels, patient education needs, nutritional status and potential complications.
* Contributes to the assessment/re assessment of patients.
* Monitors and documents patient status.
* Participates in the development of the plan of care, including implementation and evaluation of appropriate patient care interventions which may include medication administration.
Reports to the department director, business office manager, or clinical manager/weekend supervisor.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
Home Health: Exposed to inclement weather conditions while driving to and from patient homes. Frequent exposure to extreme temperature changes, poor environmental aspects such as poor lighting, poor ventilation, excessive heat/cold, stressful patient/family situations, unclean environment, body odors, pet odors, cigarette smoke. Some homes are unsanitary and are rodent infected.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
VII. Required Competency Test(s)
Nursing - LPN