Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:
The Technician is responsible for data collection and assists in the development of engineered methods and standards in a high-volume mechanized distribution and logistics operation.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Collects and assists in development of effective methods and procedures for Distribution Center floor operations. Identifies and evaluates improvements in methods, procedures, and workflow that increase productivity, and decrease operating cost.
- Collects, records and summarizes time study and work sampling data to support development of engineered labor standards.
- Assists with implementation of engineered methods, standards, and reporting systems - including assistance and follow-up on training and troubleshooting reporting problems.
- Assists with documentation updates related to engineered labor standards.
- Maintains knowledge of production and incentive pay reporting applications. Assists with trouble-shooting data entry, reporting, and data collection problems.
- Assists in the development of processes and mechanisms for labor forecasting, staffing, modeling, incentive performance/bonus reporting and tracking and other reporting as required to support management of engineering projects.
- Advises and assists management with labor analyses and economic justification studies.
- Assists operating management with implementation of changes to established methods.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Technical Competence/Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- Some experience in Engineering Technology and/or 1-2 years experience in Distribution or Manufacturing operations preferred.
- Strong Mathematical and analytical capabilities. Time study, work measurement, and /or shop/warehouse floor data collection experience preferred.
- Operations knowledge of distribution and related processes preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with non-exempt associates, operational supervisors, and middle management. Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Available to work varying schedule to perform DC-floor observations and data collection on 1st and 2nd Shifts as needed.
- The ability to think in terms of process flow and identify operational component operations and interrelationships.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and technical writing skills.
- Experience in using PCs in a professional setting - developing and using standard applications such as spreadsheets, databases, and word processors as typical tools to execute.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer, or stand on your feet for extended periods of time.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.