Retail Sales Associate, Tysons Corner Center - Part Time
- Immediate Openings – Start Right Away!
- Competitive Hourly Rates
- Colleague Weekend Bonus Program – earn up to $2.00 more an hour!
- Schedules to meet your availability!
- Unlimited $500 Referral Bonus Opportunity
- Employee Discount at Macy’s AND Bloomingdales
- Opportunities for permanent positions
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it’s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy’s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy’s.
As a Selling Colleague, you will be an integral part of bringing the magic of Macy's to life. Selling Colleagues provide outstanding customer service, meet hourly sales and Loyalty goals on a personal and departmental basis, and demonstrate superior product knowledge to customers. Selling Colleagues create a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable including the upkeep of merchandise within the store and maintaining the stockroom.
The Selling Colleague is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our colleagues to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our colleagues, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors; suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns, including Macy's Loyalty Programs
- Be proficient in POS systems including but not limited to Search and Send and My Client
- Proactively assist customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
- Develop new business and expand client base through networking, suggestive selling and on the floor presence
- Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room go backs to standard, if applicable
- Retrieve additional merchandise for customers as requested
- Assist the Support Colleague Team in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance sets
- Assist in inventory and markdown process
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
- Perform these and other functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education or Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for Pay Range