Full-time, Part-time Alachua, FL 32615
15655 Nw Us Highway 441
Alachua, FL 32615
Now Hiring Shift Managers!!
The Shift Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of a single restaurant, in accordance with company QSC standards as deﬁned by the Operations Manual, for an assigned shift or in the Restaurant General Managers absence. This position is the second of three levels in the Restaurant Management chain of command.
- Supervises crew members and team leaders (2-20 people) in the preparation of menu items to ensure compliance with all Popeyes Corporate Operations and Sanitation standards. This is measured through Restaurant Progress Report (RPR), shops shift critiques, and Mystery Shop scores.
- Supervises hourly staff to maintain a good level of customer service and ensure orders are taken in a prompt, accurate and courteous manner. Resolves customer complaints as required.
- Recruits, hires and selects crew members to ensure an adequate level of staﬃng and service in the restaurant, which is critical to maintain a productive level of operation.
- Prepares required reports mandated by RGM and Area Managers, including but not limited to:
- Daily Inventory and Cash Control Record
- Petty Cash Voucher
- Purchase Receipt Ledger
- Notice of Disciplinary Action
- Safety Inspection List
- Bank Deposit Slips
- Payroll Transmittals
- Posting of Operational Figures
- Uniform Inventory Form
- Supervises hourly staff in the cleaning of equipment and restaurant facilities to ensure maintenance of sanitation standards.
- Takes inventory of stock at closing to determine ordering date and quantity of supplies required to prevent shortages, along with other administrative duties as required.
- Manages cash control per the policy manual and counts cash on hand, at shift changes and at closing, to determine shortages or overages and prepares bank deposits.
- Manages other key controllables during a shift, such as labor, food cost, cash, and waste.
- Trains, evaluates and completes hourly work schedule for restaurant staff. Such as:
- Critical Training Area includes:
- food preparation
- food safety
- customer service
- suggested selling techniques
- Employee Evaluation includes:
- performance appraisal
- wage increases
- Helps build a positive and motivating environment for all employees that is committed to delivering superior customer service.
- Responsible for training and development of Restaurant Manager 2.
- Produces restaurant schedule of product ordering in accordance with prescribed guidelines and assists RGM during the ﬁnancial process.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Two years of college education preferred.
- Two to three years of ﬁrst line supervisory or management experience or equivalent, preferably from a restaurant or customer service environment.
- Has completed the following Internal Certiﬁcation Programs:
- Basic Management Training (BMT) workbook and class:
- food safety
- time management
- crew training
- management accountabilities
- stress management
- product quality
- customer delight
- situation management game
- production control
- equipment troubleshooting
- legal compliance
- management control
- Intermediate Management Training (IMT) or equivalent
- people count
- performance appraisal
- P & L organization
- customer focus
- supervisory training program
- Applied Food Safety (AFS) class
- Must be able to work well under pressure with a heavy workload in a fast paced environment.
- Must be ﬂexible to work a variety of schedules to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills as well as command of the English language are required.
This job description is a generic listing of the responsibilities of this position; some of these responsibilities may not be required at all times.
Full-time Alachua, FL 32615