Supervisor, Freight Operations
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Supervisor, Freight Operations, we’ll count on you to inspire your team to continuously raise the bar, while taking responsibility for all day-to-day operational responsibilities. As a member of our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We’re eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Supervise staff during various inbound, city and/or outbound freight operations
- Ensure production goals are met by managing tonnage, payroll and other administrative functions
- Plan hourly employee schedules to meet daily operations goals
- Enforce all company, FMCSR, OSHA and DOT policies, rules, regulations and laws
- Coach, train and develop employees in a manner consistent with company policies
- Act as a champion of our values, demonstrating them and holding your team to the same high standards
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 2 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) industry, hazardous materials regulations and DOT rules and regulations
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Distribution or Logistics, or 4 years of related work or military experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- LTL industry experience
- Positive attitude with the ability to multitask and motivate your team
- Exceptional leadership, communication and administrative skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Work outside in inclement weather
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.PandoLogic. Keywords: Freight Supervisor, Location: Plant City, FL - 33564