Essential Functions of the Heavy Equipment Operator
- Supports company environmental, health, safety, security practices and policies
- Sorting and grading of incoming metal deliveries from suppliers and customers
- Facilitating production efficiency and productivity while never accepting lower quality
- Works together with other team members, and transportation companies
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Experience with forklifts, trucks and heavy machinery
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to multi-task
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.