Position Reports To: QSR Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for providing superior customer service under the guidelines of the company policies and all applicable laws. They will also strive to maximize sales through suggestive selling skills and accurate recording of sales.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet every customer in the store and offer assistance with a smile.
- Prioritize customer service ahead of other tasks and ensure that customers receive prompt and courteous service.
- Responsible for using suggestive sells skills to assist customers by pointing out specials and suggesting related or alternative items to improve merchandise sales.
- Market and display the product and maintain the appearance of the serving area to ensure customer appeal.
- Present clean and professional image in accordance with corporate dress code.
- Display positive, professional conduct at all times. Treat customers and fellow associates with respect and consideration. Cooperatively and enthusiastically work with manager and co-workers.
- Operate the POS and other sales equipment within company guidelines for cash and shrink control, including keying correct sales amounts into the correct department, counting back, change, offering receipt, and thanking customers for their business.
- Uphold all company policies, as well as local, state, and federal regulations. Require valid identification of alcohol or tobacco customers.
- Maintain cash in drawers at or below maximum amounts by correctly recording and dropping into the safe. Check and reconcile the POS equipment, safe, and gas console at end of each shift and correctly complete shift reports. Immediately report any theft or suspicion of theft to Store Manager or District Manager.
- Perform shift duties including continually cleaning fast food areas, floors, counters, equipment, shelves, bathrooms, gasoline equipment, and grounds as assigned.
- Receive, price, stock, and rotate merchandise as per instruction. Front and face shelves, racks, coolers and freezers. Prepare fast food products, including coffee, hot dogs, etc. and keeps them freshly available. Date codes fast food items when stocking and removes out-of-date merchandise. Monitor temperatures of hot holding equipment, coolers and freezers.
- Ensure that all supplies required for customer service excellence are stocked.
- Understand emergency (employee or customer injury, gas spill, fire, or other accidents), robbery, shoplifting, and drive-off procedures. Appropriately completes Incident or Injury reports as instructed.
- Maintain high standards of food safety to ensure food is maintained at proper time and temperature by regularly monitoring and documenting as required.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs but could be more based on the job location.
- Must be available to work all hours as assigned including but not limited to early morning or evening hours that may include overtime.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- A high school diploma (or equivalent) or related retail experience is desired.
- Proficient computer skills
- Current Food Safety Certification
Potential Career Path from this position:
- QSR Assistant Manager
- QSR Store Manager
Job Codes to be used:
PDI - C-Store Group QSP
Statements included in this job profile do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
Posting ID: 67237412Posted: 2019-11-14