Responsible for receiving product and ensures that aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is provided.
• Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships with large customers.
• Supervises all activities in the produce department including product placement, rotation, signage, and displays.
• Responsible for overall department appearance, cleanliness, and adherence to both government and corporate ordinances.
• Must maintain records as required.
• Supervises and works together with Produce Supervisors (if applicable) and Stockers to assure that the produce
department is operating in a manner that adheres to company standards.
• With the Produce Manager, develops schedules, monitors performance and recommends the proper discipline as appropriate.
• Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating procedures
• Assists with candidate interviews and recommends for hires.
• Disciplines employees when necessary and recommends terminations.
• Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP audits.
• Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to prevent shrinkage and damages.
• Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most recent pricing and market conditions.
• Supervises the receiving of all produce and ensures that the proper paperwork is completed.
• Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
• Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance contracts and schedules are followed.
• Supervises the ordering of produce from vendors on a regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
• Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
• Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper block and date tags.
• Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling
out pallets and cleaning underneath.
• Ensures that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked in overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold or stored in freezers/refrigerators.
• Assures that trash is removed from floor and properly handled.
• Makes sure that low stock/out of stock information is communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking the system and rack for product.
• Maintains that all signage is correct and that the flyers prices are reflected on the product.
• Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies, proper holding power, space allocation) and creatively merchandises and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
• Performs weekly self-audits of the produce department.
Shift start: 9:00 AM
Shift length: 8 hours
5 days/week, must be available any day
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free membership.