SSM Health is seeking a Med Surg / Telemetry Charge Nurse (RN) for a nursing job in Midwest City, Oklahoma.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Med Surg / Telemetry
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Provides leadership and coordination of unit staffing while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care.
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Collaborates with advanced practice providers to ensure quality outcomes.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, developing and evaluating staff.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- One year of registered nurse experience
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
About SSM Health
SSM Health has grown to be one of the largest integrated health systems in the country, because leadership, administration and providers work closely together to find solutions to the most pressing needs in medical care today. Collectively, our knowledge and resources are combined to innovate, optimize workflows and allow for better care delivery and patient interactions. Physicians and leadership engage in regular discussions designed to standardize practices that yield better outcomes across our system.
Physicians, providers and health care leaders seeking the stability and resources of a large, reputable integrated health system, as well as the collegiality and respect of peers and the rewards of practicing in a faith-based organization, choose SSM Health as their ideal practice setting.
SSM Health's 23 hospitals, more than 290+ physician offices and outpatient care sites, and 10 post-acute facilities offer vast opportunities to shape the future of health care throughout Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Continuing Education
- Health savings account
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- 403b retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Relocation bonus